NAST DIRECTORY LISTS
Accredited Institutional Members
GUIDE TO INTERPRETING INSTITUTIONAL LISTINGS
- Date following address: Year of initial accreditation.
- "C" following the year: The institution is a Charter Member.
- Date in brackets: The year of the most recent review for accreditation.
- Academic year in parentheses: The year in which next NAST evaluation is scheduled to occur.
- Pending: The institutional re-evaluation is overdue.
- Probation: The institution is on public probation status.
- Degree and program listings: Degrees and programs reviewed and approved through the accreditation process. New degrees or programs granted Plan Approval by the Commission on Accreditation appear in italics.
- Parentheses in degree listings: (1) Areas of emphasis/tracks/concentrations within a major (the major area appears before the parentheses); (2) indication whether a non-degree program is at the undergraduate or graduate level; (3) indication of a distance learning program.
- ◆: The program is a community education program for children, youth or adults that has been reviewed and approved as part of the entire accredited program for the institution.
- Two listings: An institution will have two listings when its community education programs have been reviewed and approved as a separate unit within the entire institution.
NAST provides access to lists of accredited institutional members in the following ways:
- An advanced search tool. Includes the features of the simple search tool noted below as well as the ability to search by degree level, major, and area of emphasis/track/concentration; by type of institution (public/private and/or degree-granting/non-degree-granting); and by keyword. Each accredited institutional member listing includes the full name, address, and web address of the institution; the year accreditation was granted, the date of the most recent on-site review, and the academic year of the next on-site review; a brief description of the institution and unit; the name of the theatre executive with contact information; and a detailed list of curricular programs offered by the institution and approved by NAST. The information is updated twice monthly.
Access to the advanced search tool is gained only by login and password, which are provided to: (1) the institutional representative of each accredited member institution upon the granting of accreditation; (2) individual members upon payment of dues; and (3) subscribers upon purchasing access. (Please note: HEADS login and password cannot be used to gain access to the advanced search tool.) Subscribers may purchase access here. With login and password in hand, the user should Login to the site and proceed to "Accredited Institutional Members" (under the main heading of Directory Lists). Once there, simply enter information as requested in the field and click Submit.
- A simple search tool. Allows users to locate accredited institutional members by name, city, and/or state. Also allows users to access a complete list of accredited institutional members by choosing All under State and clicking Submit. Once a particular institution is located, the following information is provided: the full name, address, and web address of the institution; the year accreditation was granted, the date of the most recent on-site review, and the academic year of the next on-site review; a brief description of the institution and unit; the name of the theatre executive with contact information; and a detailed list of curricular programs offered by the institution and approved by NAST. The information is updated twice monthly.
Access to the simple search tool is free to all users, and no login or password is necessary. To use, simply enter complete and correct, or partial information in the fields below and click Submit.