The National Association of Schools of Theatre, a not-for-profit specialized accrediting association founded in 1965, headquartered in Reston, VA, is seeking a full-time (9-5, M-F) staff member. This employee will hold consistent responsibilities and duties with and among all organizations and operating entities managed by the National Office for Arts Accreditation, including the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST), the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD), and the Accrediting Commission for Community and Precollegiate Arts Schools (ACCPAS).
The Association employs fourteen staff members in a non-smoking, studious, quiet, and busy office environment. Attire while working directly with institutional representatives is business professional. Remote work can be considered. The National Office is within walking distance of the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attend to and manage aspects of the accreditation initiatives conducted in the National Office, as assigned, including but not limited to:
- Assisting institutions to prepare accreditation materials.
- Reviewing, reading, and providing feedback regarding accreditation materials.
- Preparing accreditation materials for Commission review.
- Assisting in the preparation of Commission agendas and the work of the Commissions.
- Closing out records and archiving materials following Commission meetings.
- Attend to and manage aspects of Association activities, projects, and events, as assigned.
- Write, create, edit, and proofread text, documents, publications, and correspondence in support of Association activities, as assigned.
- Assist individuals seeking information about the work of the Associations and in particular, accreditation responsibilities and requirements.
- Assist the Executive Director, as assigned, with daily responsibilities associated with the work of the National Office for Arts Accreditation and its constituent organizations.
Unwavering integrity; disciplined dedication; deep intelligence and a keen intellect; desire to serve and contribute; cordial, welcoming, and respectful demeanor; curiosity and a passion for learning; superior judgement and problem-solving ability; ability to maintain information as confidential; and awareness and avoidance of situations which could result in the creation of conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with and in complex systems
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Capacity to research topics; review and consider information; present clear, concise, and cogent written distillations of thoughts, ideas, facts, and results
- Advanced writing, editing, and proofreading capabilities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in teams
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, FileMaker, Adobe Acrobat, Salesforce, and Mac operating systems
An undergraduate degree is required; a graduate degree is preferred. Study in an arts discipline and writing expertise are required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes selected paid holidays; paid vacation; health, dental, vision, and disability insurance (as eligible); employer-sponsored 403(b) and HSA savings plans. Opportunities for advancement are available.
To be considered for this position, please email the documents outlined below in one PDF-formatted file using your full name as the file name to ACCR.ASST.NOAA2022@gmail.com. Please include “AA2022” in the email’s subject line.
- A formal cover letter which 1) describes in detail your capacity to address duties and responsibilities as noted above; and 2) documents your attributes and skills.
- A resume outlining your educational experience including degree(s) earned, and your professional experience including names of employers and dates of employment. Please include 3-5 professional references.
- Two recent writing samples of two pages or more, which demonstrate your writing abilities.
An incomplete application will be returned to the applicant.
The position is open at this time and is anticipated to be filled at the completion of the interview process.