The National Association of Schools of Music, a not-for-profit specialized accrediting association founded in 1924, headquartered in Reston, VA, is seeking a full-time (9-5, M-F) staff member. This employee will hold consistent responsibilities and duties with and among all organizations and operating entities managed by the National Office for Arts Accreditation.
The Association employs fourteen staff members in a non-smoking, studious, and busy office. Attire is business professional. The National Office is within walking distance of the terminus stop of the Silver Line Metro.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create, design, layout, develop, disseminate, and post; write and edit; and maintain digital content and print publications, materials for meetings and events, and notices and broadcast correspondence
- Ensure consistency among all written materials including digital content, publications, and published materials
- Design and maintain systems which house, manage, maintain, and organize accreditation, accreditation-related, and member information
- Manage, monitor, and maintain a content-rich WordPress site
- Hold conversant knowledge of accreditation activities in the National Office.
Unwavering integrity; disciplined dedication; thoughtful intelligence and a keen intellect; desire to serve and contribute; cordial and welcoming demeanor; curiosity and a passion for learning; ability to maintain information as confidential.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with and in complex systems
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in teams
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience with Apple and Microsoft operating systems, equipment, and software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe InDesign
- Expert knowledge of Web technologies (such as HTML), database applications (such as FileMaker), content management systems within WordPress, and communications systems (such as MailChimp)
- Ability to create professional and text-rich Web-based systems, materials, documents, publications and other communications
- Advanced ability to design and maintain systems which collect, organize, and manage information and data.
An undergraduate degree is required. A degree in the fine and/or performing arts is strongly preferred. A masters degree or higher is desirable. At least 3 years of post-collegiate professional experience is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes selected paid holidays; paid vacation; health, dental, vision, and disability insurance (as eligible); employer-sponsored 403(b) savings plan.
To be considered for this position, please email the documents outlined below in one PDF-formatted file using your full name as the file name ASMAOpening2020@gmail.com. Please include ASMA in the email’s subject line.
- A formal cover letter which describes in detail your capacity to address duties and responsibilities described above, and speaks to your attributes and other skills.
- A resume outlining your educational experience including degree(s) earned, and your professional experience including names of employers and dates of employment. Please include 3-5 professional references.
- Two one-page writing samples which demonstrate your written and verbal communication skills.
Incomplete applications cannot be considered.