The National Association of Schools of Theatre, a not-for-profit specialized accrediting association founded in 1924, headquartered in Reston, VA, is seeking a full-time (9-5, M-F) staff member. This employee will hold consistent responsibilities and duties with and among all organizations and operating entities managed by the National Office for Arts Accreditation, including the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST), the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD), and the Accrediting Commission for Community and Precollegiate Arts Schools (ACCPAS).
The Association employs fourteen staff members in a non-smoking, studious, quiet, and busy office. The National Office is within walking distance of the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station.
Daily responsibilities include aspects of, but are not limited to:
- Monitor and maintain as current and functional customized technology systems including but not limited to the Associations’ Website; Accreditation Data Management System; Statistical Research Project; and Meetings Application.
- Assist to create, design, layout, develop, and implement necessary upgrades and enhancements to these systems.
- Write, edit, enter, and maintain as current and accurate digital content including data and information which populate these systems. Ensure the consistency of data as necessary across all systems.
- Provide training and day-to-day user support for Association constituencies and staff. Create and maintain as current end user documentation.
- Maintain the Associations’ communications program including the dissemination of information through means such as broadcast correspondence and website posts.
- Maintain conversant knowledge of the Associations including their operations and services provided.
Unwavering integrity; disciplined dedication; deep intelligence and a keen intellect; desire to serve and contribute; cordial, welcoming, and respectful demeanor; curiosity and a passion for learning; superior judgment and problem-solving ability; ability to maintain information as confidential; and awareness and avoidance of situations which could result in the creation of conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof.
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience with:
- Web technologies, databases (including Salesforce), statistical collection applications (including Qualtrics), dashboard reporting (including Qlik), meeting applications (including Cvent Attendee Hub), content management systems (including WordPress), and communications systems (including MailChimp)
- Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Adobe InDesign, Box.com, Mac operating systems
- Ability to:
- operate, maintain, work with and in, and troubleshoot technology-based systems
- create professional and text-rich Web-based materials, documents, publications, and other communications
- written and verbal communication skills
- editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with and in complex systems
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in teams
An undergraduate degree is required. A degree in the fine and/or performing arts is preferred. At least 3 years of post-collegiate professional experience which aligns with job requirements as described above.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes selected paid holidays; paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, vision, and disability insurance (as eligible); employer-sponsored HSA (health savings account) and 403(b) savings plan.
To be considered for this position, candidates must email the documents outlined below in one PDF-formatted file using your full name as the file name to ASC.NOAA.email@example.com. Please include “ASC2022” in the email’s subject line.
- A formal cover letter which 1) describes in detail your capacity to address duties and responsibilities articulated above; and 2) speaks to your attributes and skills.
- A resume outlining your educational experience including degree(s) earned, and your professional experience including names of employers and dates of employment. Please include 3-5 professional references.
- Two one-page writing samples which demonstrate your written and verbal communication skills.
Incomplete applications will be returned.