The National Association of Schools of Music, a not-for-profit specialized accrediting association founded in 1924, headquartered in Reston, VA, is seeking a full-time (9-5, M-F) staff member. This employee will hold consistent responsibilities and duties with and among all organizations and operating entities managed by the National Office for Arts Accreditation.
The Association employs fourteen staff members in a non-smoking, studious, quiet, and busy office. Attire is business professional. The National Office is within walking distance of the Metro.
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and monitor onsite review application processes
- Manage and monitor evaluator/consultant invitation processes
- Prepare, process, and disseminate communications to evaluators; manage and process replies
- Review, update, and prepare evaluator training materials
- Prepare and process annual mailings and reminders
Unwavering integrity; disciplined dedication; deep intelligence and a keen intellect; desire to serve and contribute; cordial, welcoming, and respectful demeanor; curiosity and a passion for learning; superior judgement and problem-solving ability; ability to maintain information as confidential.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with and in complex systems
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Advanced writing, editing, and proofreading capabilities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in teams
- Excellent customer service skills
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, FileMaker, Adobe Acrobat, and Mac operating systems
An undergraduate degree is required; a graduate degree is preferred. Study in an arts discipline is preferred. At least 3 years of post-collegiate professional experience is sought.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes selected paid holidays; paid vacation; health, dental, vision, and disability insurance (as eligible); employer-sponsored 403(b) retirement plan.
To be considered for this position, please email the documents outlined below in one PDF-formatted file using your full name as the file name to NASMVMA2019@gmail.com. Please include VMA in the email’s subject line.
- A formal cover letter which 1) describes in detail your capacity to address duties and responsibilities as noted above; and 2) documents your attributes and skills.
- A resume outlining your educational experience including degree(s) earned, and your professional experience including names of employers and dates of employment. Please include 3-5 professional references.
- Two recent two to three page writing samples which demonstrate your writing abilities.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.