Contact with the Board of Directors should be made through the NAST National Office.
The Board of Directors is composed of the Officers, the Chair of the Commission on Accreditation, two Public Members, four directors, and the Immediate Past President.
The Board of Directors shall:
- Exercise the various responsibilities of the Board as stipulated in the Bylaws.
- Have control and overall management of the affairs, funds, and properties of the Association not otherwise provided for.
- Review the annual report of the Association’s financial position as prepared by the Association’s official auditors.
- Establish Association dues and fees.
- Establish and revise Part I of the Rules of Practice and Procedure in the NAST Handbook following consultation with accredited institutional members.
- Address the needs of the membership, recognizing the diversity as well as the common basic purposes of all member institutions.
- Review and, as appropriate, act on proposals presented by any ad hoc committees established by the Board to address issues that the Bylaws indicate are under the authority of the Board.
NAST Board of Directors 2020-2021
Jim Hunter, President (2023)
University of South Carolina
DeAnna Toten Beard, Vice President (2023)
Nancy C. Jones, Secretary (2021)
University of Kentucky
Alan MacVey, Treasurer pro tempore (2021)
University of Iowa
Holly Logue, Immediate Past President (2023)
David Z. Saltz, Chair, Commission on Accreditation (2023)
University of Georgia
Patrice Bailey, Member (2021)
New World School of the Arts
Mark J. Charney, Member (2021)
Texas Tech University
Michael Grenham, Member (2023)
Stella Adler Studio of Acting
Michael Monsos, Member (2022)
University of Montana
Karen P. Moynahan, Executive Director, ex officio