Contact with the Board of Directors should be made through the NAST National Office.
The Board of Directors is composed of the Officers, the Chair of the Commission on Accreditation, two Public Members, four directors, and the Immediate Past President.
The Board of Directors shall:
- Exercise the various responsibilities of the Board as stipulated in the Bylaws.
- Have control and overall management of the affairs, funds, and properties of the Association not otherwise provided for.
- Review the annual report of the Association’s financial position as prepared by the Association’s official auditors.
- Establish Association dues and fees.
- Establish and revise Part I of the Rules of Practice and Procedure in the NAST Handbook following consultation with accredited institutional members.
- Address the needs of the membership, recognizing the diversity as well as the common basic purposes of all member institutions.
- Review and, as appropriate, act on proposals presented by any ad hoc committees established by the Board to address issues that the Bylaws indicate are under the authority of the Board.
NAST Board of Directors 2016-2017:
R. Terrell Finney, Jr., President (2017)
University of Cincinnati
Holly Logue, Vice President (2017)
Alexander Gelman, Secretary (2018)
Northern Illinois University
Patricia A. Raun, Treasurer (2018)
Dan Carter, Immediate Past President (2017)
Pennsylvania State University
Jim Hunter, Chair, Commission on Accreditation (2017)
University of South Carolina
Ann M. Archbold, Member (2018)
University of Wisconsin – Madison
Mark J. Charney, Member (2018)
Texas Tech University
Stephen Rosenfield, Member (2017)
American Comedy Institute
Paul Steger, Member (2019)
University of Nebraska – Lincoln
Karen P. Moynahan, Executive Director, ex officio